View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 03:07 AM   #5
ferynn
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydver View Post
Hey man, this is awesome work and remarkably accurate, but I noticed that the 2015 draft class is a year younger than it should be across the board. Any chance you could share the csv so I can change the birthdates?

You're very welcome. I must say that I have been pretty underwhelmed by the reaction (or lack thereof) to these files. ANy feedback, positive or negative regardless, is always appreciated when one puts time and effort into something. But yeah, thanks for that
I checked and you're right. In-game they are all one year younger. The problem does not come from the csv file though, as my YoB (which is the only thing you can set) are accurate (for most prospects). The problem I think comes from the fact that FoF7 worked as a 2013 season update, so there must be a kind of offset when translating that into a draft file. Since when you create a roster file the default starting year is 2013 unless you change it, I am pretty sure it comes from something similar.
BUT, with that being said, I will modify the YoB in the files for the 2015 and 2016 classes and repost them tonight (GMT).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydver View Post
I'd also like to ensure that Amari Cooper is the #1 receiver in the class, sometimes he gets shafted way below a bunch of average guys.
Yeah, and that's the whole point of the randomness of the ratings, as well as how good your scouting team is. I tried 10 different imports, and I have seen such things A LOT, which is ultimately good. It doesn't allow you to know in advance if the prospect is a sure thing or not. And this gives a HUGE replay ability to the different careers you start. For example, over these 10 test runs, I've seen Mariota be the #1 overall prospect&pick, to being the 2nd QB drafted behind Winston in the 1st round, to being the 4th QB prospect. In the career I'm currently running, Winston got drafted 4th OVR, and then NO quarterback taken before Mariota in THE 4TH ROUND. Yes it looks odd, but remember: the 2014 college season happened a certain way IRL, but in-game, it is a clean state. I know it might be difficult to accept though, but trust me, 95% of times, Cooper is a pretty nice receiver

I hope this answers your questions. I'm glad you enjoyed the files, let me know how it went 2 to 5 years into the sim

On a more general note, I tweaked the files a bit, because the overall talent level between the 2015 and 2016 classes was too big. Added a few players here and there as well. Anyways, as I said above, will post the new files either tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers,
ferynn is offline   Reply With Quote