View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 11:21 AM   #159
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Shit, even I'm not THAT masochistic.

I know this is probably a wacky idea but ... create a new YT account, log into it and don't touch anything political / ranty with it.

In fact, try to binge things ONLY things you enjoy for the first couple dozen videos. It'll change your Recommended Videos content, you'll be pushed toward other content, and most importantly NOT pushed into the ranters.

(And don't click a YT rant from other social media either, cause the links will contaminate your viewing history).

I mean, it could work, right?
Or just don't log in at all (I use YouTube on my tv and phone separately and never log into my google account or any other account).
The contamination part is crucial though. (And I suspect there was no pun intended, because it does feel like the appropriate term to use here.)

Occasionally I delete my cache and stuff, but before doing that try to remember to write down the 5 or so topics or channels I prefer to get recommendations for. After clearing search for those and click one results each. It will quickly get your favorite topics back.

The only risk is getting some universely contaminated results. For example, for whatever annoying reasons, YouTube thinks that because I watch NFL stuff, I should be interested in baseball as well... No, not even close, Google.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote