View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 09:53 AM   #187
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
True. I dont talk to anyone but one from my HS. And my daughter does not like many in her class.

BUT, she is ranked 4th in her class. She will not get recognition for all the hard work she has put forth throughout the years. She doesnt get to walk across the stage and get that diploma which signals the literal step into adulthood. There is an event for the top 10 students in the class. Nope. The kids dress in their cap and gowns and go to their elementary schools and parade through the halls. Which is huge. The kids get to see their future and the teachers get to see their hard work pay off.

Do not minimize what a high school graduation is. It is important. Very important. And do not tell me it wasnt important to you. Because I was a fuck off in HS and I still remember walking across that stage and getting my diploma. And it was important.

My daughter complained about HS all the time but she is definitely broken up about not only graduating but her senior prom as well.

Wonder if I can get the dress place to take back the $280 dress we bought her? (FAT CHANCE)
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote