View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’ll hit up the draft now.

With the top pick, the Vikes take DE John Barrett. He was a super super stud and no way he was falling to 6. There are three Ots and I want one of them to fall to us.

Next pick, the top Qb goes. Now, all I need is one of the next three teams to not go Ot and I am all set.

3 - OT
4 - OT
5 - OT

Yep, they went 3,4,5. Sucks.

I look at the draft board and my roster carefully. I have another pick in four ticks of the board at 1/10.

The best player on the board is super super super stud S Dave Fling. He‘s rated 74 now, 82 later. He can come in and contribute right away and has potentials of 100, 88, 88, and 100. I don’t need a S now, but dang. However, Fling is no development project, he is an immediate starter. I could draft him and trade Flowers. Lethon’s entering his 14th year. I wouldn’t get much for him. I would be set forever at this potion though.

Here’s another option - LB Charles Thomas with potentials of 100, 74, 100, 60. Not bad.

OG Adam Benson, 86/87 potentials and 48/49 currents with 52 endurance. OG Dale Glover has higher potential but stats out lowers.

I draft LB Charles Thomas. This is my third 1st round LB taken since I’ve had the Lone Stars, and I hope this will be the first that is not a bust.

I then take the best DT in the draft at pick 1/10. Let’s fix these defensive problems!

I take a useful OT at 29, because I simply needed at least one here. That was my final need pick.

From there, it's is just BAP, BAP, and some more BAP

Draft Recap:

1/6 - LB Charles Thomas, Tennessee - Martin
1/10 - DT Levon Moss, Kent
1/29 - OT Ernest Samuelson, UNLV
2/5 - DE Derrick Fontaine, East Carolina
2/12 - S Brady Horn, Indiana
2/29 - C Mark Jeffers, Iowa State
3/10 - CB David Finch, North Carolina State
3/29 - QB Tony Clements, Virginia
4/10 - RB Harvey Nowlin, Truman State
4/12 - QB Artie Switzer, USC