View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #115
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2007 San Antonio Lone Stars:

QB Tony Clements - We are going with the rookie with the potential, but it’s all a crap shoot. Next year I can look to move one of the big three and get a nice plum draft pick out of the deal.
RB Chris Evans - Looks like he could be a perfectly serviceable back for us. Nothing major, of course.
FB Billy Joe Blackwell - Needs growth
WR Marvin Graham - Stud of all studs
WR Herman Swinger - Maybe in his second year he can stay healthy for more than 2 games.
TE Herb Cranford - Rookie who’s quite green but could develop into something decent.
C Xavier Stone - The lower draft pick won out, but both are really good.
OG Soloman Page - From WVU!
OG Alvin Stokes - Hello old man
OT Raymond Hopper - Recent signee who might be something decent later, Green now.
OT Bob Turney - Another recent signee who needs time to grow into his role

Look at how many of my offensive players I drafted! 8 of 11 were drafted by me. All but Page, Hopper and Turney are mine.

K Olindo Mare - Great
P Blaine Baldridge - Great

DE Phil Lee - Recent Signee brought in as part of our D Line overhaul. Strong
DE Derrick Fontaine - Rookie green but with lots of potential. Could be between adequate and a stud later.
DT Mitchell Lincoln - A downright dominating player.
DT Levon Moss - Another rookie with some serious potential but very green right now.
LB Ray Lewis - Starting at the MLB spot
LB Charles Thomas - 6th overall pick will start at OLB, and looks like a future star.
LB Bart Zambrano - I like this natural WLB and he looks great.
CB Samari Rolle - Coming off a record year for him
CB Jack Huntley - Sophomore year arrives
S Donovin Darius - Stud had a down year last year. We hope for better stats this year.
S Lethon Flowers - Another great S.

Returners - Don Fitzgerald with some help from WR Herman Swinger and CB David Finch.

Let me show you Bart Zambrano’s potentials to show you how he is a good WLB to my mind.

Run Defense - 53 - Good but not great, his weakness, and thus on the side with the fewest runs.
Pass Rush - 73 - Rushes to the side with less protection for the passer. Perfect
Man-to-man - 94 - Can really spot the TE and others.
Zone - 93 - Good at zoning the short passes

Isn’t that just a great WLB? I mean, once developed, he can be better at pass coverage than most defensive backs, and a good pass rusher, while still decent at tackles.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote