View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #656
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Mass confusion reigns in the village in the aftermath of Vaimes shooting fontisian.

In normal society, the cops would be called and Vaimes would go to prison. MartinD, the courageous medic who saved fontisian's life, would be lauded.

But things are different deep in the Bayou.

Here, Vaimes isn't targeted at all. He is quiet and doesn't participate much. No one goes over to him. The Hunters seem to feel it will work itself out. The Dukes are maybe too afraid of a guy willing to shoot his gun.

And who draws suspicion? MartinD, the medic. He stands flabbergasted at the reactions of the village, watching as it appears he will be punished for saving a life. There is some discussion on cheekimonk, and then on Autumn.

But in the end, it all comes back to MartinD.

"We can't trust you!" the village cries at MartinD, and they make to grab him.

"But wait!" he cries. "You can trust me! Think what I have done! I was in the Army. I served in Desert Storm. I could never take another's life. I was a medic. I am sworn to heal, even now, long after my service has ended!"

"You all know who you need to go after--the man with the gun. Vaimes! Vaimes is the one who shot at fontisian. He shot to kill. He has given little reason for this. He could shoot any of you at any point! Think about what you all are doing!!"

MartinD's impassioned pleas immediately appeal to the Dukes, and softens the hardened hearts of the Hunters.

He is right... they think. Vaimes is the one who shot fontisian. And, here, we believe in good ole Southern justice.

With a sudden swell of mob mentality, the village falls upon Vaimes. He is helpless, rooted to the spot. The crowd gathers around him and machetes start to fly. His screams are mercifully short.

MARTIND saved himself by Duking to VAIMES!!

VAIMES was a Hunter and a regular Villager with no roles.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-22-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote