View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #14
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Verizon.

This is probably the right answer. Once I got used to the Android, I'd love certain things about it and dislike others, kind of like my iPhone now.

My roommate has an S4, so I have something to play with to check it out. She is an avid iAnything hater though, so is unable to give me unbiased opinions. Currently I use my phone for:

-Phone calls
-Text Messages (Lots and lots of text messages)
-Surfing the internet (Facebook, checking sports scores, browsing here) while hanging around waiting for something
-Personal e-mail
-Playing music

That's about it. I have a few games loaded on to it, but I hardly ever touch them. From what I've seen, I'm far more impressed with the camera on the iPhone, but I also don't take many pictures. Otherwise they seem pretty similar. I don't have a tablet, nor do I anticipate picking one up any time soon - roommate has an iPad (gift, so she deals with it ), and I think it's totally awesome...but I can't justify the cost to myself. So I don't really have to worry about synchronization between my devices. My desktop has my music collection in iTunes, but I have an iPod for that, so I'm not worried about not having music (or having difficulty putting music) on the phone if I go Android.

Since you're on Verizon check out the Moto X and Droid Maxx. I say that since you say a great camera isn't your highest priority. They are passable cameras so they're not absolute shit or anything.

-Both have Moto's skin which is the closest to stock you can get.
-Both have touchless controls (voice control, great driving features, etc)
-Both have Active Notifications. A really awesome way of displaying notifications (read some reviews. I'm short on time right now)
-Both have this shake thing you do with your hand to access the camera quickly which is kind of cool.

Moto X
- Has received updates faster than any non-nexus phone on the market. The Samsungs of the world have been pretty bad at keeping phones up to date.
-Has a great hand feel. May sound weird but it really is the perfect size and design. (Subjective)
-Customizable body. Even has wood back options for extra $.
-Decent battery life. Should get you through the day just fine (Probably more since you don't seem to be a "Power User")

Droid Maxx
-Larger screen
-Larger battery (Crazy battery life)
-Wireless charging (Some swear by it after they have a phone capable of it)
-32GB standard model
-Aesthically may not be appealing, but very durable. Probably not as good "in the hand" as say the X.

Maybe also give the G2 a look especially if you're not the type to be offended by a UI design as I feel it's pretty ugly, but it has a beautiful screen, outstanding camera, crazy good battery life. Really really great hardware.

But also waiting to see what the S5 is like may not be a bad idea. I'm just not a huge fan of Samsung phones ( I have a Note 2)

Read some reviews. A good time for phones. The syncing may be a pain compared to Apple, but really they are both great operating systems at this point. As long as your not too invested in iOS ($ on apps, iMessage, etc) it shouldn't be too much of a shock to switch
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote