View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #107
Radii
Head Coach

October Notes

-- The important dates thing is longer than I've ever seen. A couple England World Cup qualifying matches are listed, but those don't effect me. FA Cup gets going for our level, and we've got 6 matches scheduled between oct 1 and Oct 20.

-- Main and Harsanyi are the strikers on the BS Premier team of the week.

-- Harsanyi is 2nd in player of the month this month behind York striker George Donnelly.

-- Stelios Nikolaou is 3rd for Young Player of the Month this month. He didn't play much but played well when we asked him to.

-- The board is pleased with my handling of the team so far. The Newport 1-4 loss is a weak spot.

October 2nd, 2012

Woking (6-3-2, 5th) @ St. Albans(3-6-3, 17th)

We are favored, 5:4 odds today on the road. St albans are considered relegation candidates. They were just promoted up from the BS South. We played them twice in my initial season, winning once, tying once.

Today's lineup:

GK: Lynch
DEF: Nikolaou, Williams, Fenton, Anane
MC: O'Sullivan, Arter
AM: Bennett, Ademola
ST: Harsanyi, Main

13': We start with the ball but can't get a shot off, they counter hard, attacker Clark gets into the box and takes a shot, Lynch with a great save, forcing a corner. nothing doing on the corner.

16': williams with a foul a yard outside the area. They shoot off the free kick, Lynch with a diving save.

25': Ademola and Main with a give and go to get Ademola deep down the right sideline. A cross comes in, Harsanyi is waiting on it, header, GOAL! 1-0. I waited until the replay to type up the goal, I was so sure he was offsides.

27': Another shot in the box for St Albans, Lynch makes his 4th save of the match.

38': A throwin for us deep in their end, Bennett a cross, Main gets his head to it, great save from the keeper.

40': Mike williams collides with an offensive player from St Albans. He's down to 50% and comes off briefly.

46': give and go for st albans between their two strikers, Johnson forward to Clarke, he beats Lynch. We just gave up too damn many shots this half. 1-1

HALF: They were the better team this half, it would have been great to take a lead in but nope. They have 7 shots, 5 on target. We have 6 shots, 1 on target... possession, passing are even.

Miquel in for Williams to play DC. williams isn't looking so hot.

50': O'Sullivan with a through ball for Harsanyi in traffic. He gets there but his shot is saved, corner comes to nothing.

58': O'Sullivan gets the ball 25 yards out, he dribbles through their defense, beating 3 players, looking for the pass i'm sure, but eventually ends up with our first clear cut chance in front of the keeper... shot is saved.

68': Main out, Cousins in.

73': Ademola out, mcLaggon in.

78': McLaggon with a cross that Bennett gets his head to, just over the bar. Bennett has missed 3 headers off of crosses today. Not easy shots I know.

87': McLaggon with a nice cross into the 6 yard box, they head it behind. Corner is cut out. We control possession after the clear though, and build up a little. Bennet with a give and go to Arter, Bennett gets the ball back in the penalty area and fires a shot low by the keeper!!! 2-1

St. Albans 1 : 2 Woking

We domiante the second half. They do manage a number of shots, but only 5 on target for the match, not a single one in the 2nd half.

Bennett earns man of the match honors with his goal, 7.8 rating. Harsanyi with the other goal, 6.9 rating there. Assists from Ademola (7.3) and Arter (7.7).

Elsewhere, Anane (7.2) and O'Sullivan (7.3) play well today too.

Good win today.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote