View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 11:31 PM   #30
Radii
Head Coach

Week 1 Sunday Homework

Mindful Eating - Leftover Pork Chop. I used a lot of worcestershire sauce, the taste of it is very strong when I begin to taste. It is a little tougher than it was fresh off the grill.

Routine Activity - As always, I notice Dean's very loud purr first and over everything else. Some of these things feel like I am just repeating myself, but that is my experience I suppose I continue to notice some "less than ideal" feelings whenever I turn off the distractions as part of my mind racing around, and I notice how comforting Dean's presence is when those thoughts come up.

Body Scan - I am starting this very late. I basically took today off. Skipped anything at the gym (I'd been something like 13 days in a row tho, much of it just for moderate cardio, but still). I feel rushed, its 11pm and I still need to do body scan, stretching routine, e-stim and would like to watch walking dead so i don't have to worry about spoilers tomorrow. I am curious how I'll react to body scan when I feel rushed like this. I find that I settle in pretty quickly, and that I calm down easily once I start listening to the CD. My mind was racing way faster than usual a few minutes ago, and now, I find I can bring my mind to each body part, I may think about other things, but they are casually coming and going, not racing around quite so much. Its a noteworthy change in a very short time. My knee hurts, but its loosened up pretty well and I am able to make it comfortable. Skipping the gym maybe gave my foot a day off, these distractions of pain don't exist tonight, which makes it very easy to stay with the audio and not veer off too much. I am still not "feeling" anything when I hit each body part necessarily, but I am moving through the process and looking.

Hitting the upper body during the scan again seems like a different process than the lower. My mind wanders away and I zone out for 3 or 4 body parts before I come back. I find myself looking ahead to an upcoming appointment I have on Wednesday, one which, given some of the things racing around my head the last two days, seems very important to me right now. I realize that I am wishing away days. Its Sunday, I wish it was Wednesday right now. I think that I should look for things I can accomplish on Monday and Tuesday instead. I then realize that I have missed at least 3 body parts in the scan, maybe more, and do the thing the instructor mentioned where you go back to your breathing, then back to the focus of the audio. I get through the rest of it with what feels like a "normal" in and out focus, thoughts creeping in regularly while I work on focusing on my body, and just moving through the process.

When I'm done I do note that I feel less rushed. I will probably be up later than I may ideally want tonight. But I work from home, and not really on anyone's timetable most days, I don't have anything pressing to do in the morning. I feel more patient with myself. I can finish my tasks for tonight, and perhaps try to plan a little better tomorrow. All good!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote