View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 11:51 PM   #36
Radii
Head Coach

Routine Activity

Like last week, we pair up to discuss what routine activity we will choose to be mindful of for the week. I get a different person this time. She did the teeth brushing activity last week, and she liked my choice from last week about giving affection to my cat. We decided to trade activities this week. I am on teeth brushing, she is focusing on giving affection to her dog.

Homework

-- We are to alternate doing the Body Scan and doing Sitting Practice. Tomorrow I'll do Sitting Practice, Wednesday Body Scan, etc. Someone asks how long to do sitting practice for. The instructor mentions that 20 minutes is probably a little long for us to try to do this now (though it would match the time commitment of the body scan). A suggestion of 5 minutes is given for the sitting practice, with a general comment that doing something every day is better than trying really really hard one day and finding yourself sore or unhappy and deciding not to do anything later in the week.

-- We are also to do the mindful routine activity each day. Mine is, again, brushing my teeth. I'm not really sure I'm going to be describing in great detail the things I observe while I brush my teeth in posts here over the next 6 days :P

-- Lastly, we are asked to take note of the times stress enters our daily life. We aren't necessarily aiming to do anything about it just yet, but to take note of it for now. Be ready for a bunch of first world problems over the next week! Hell, maybe I'll write about this section entirely using the first world problems meme.

-- We close with the instructor re-reading the poem from the beginning, and we're on to week 2!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote