View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #180
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

South Pole Meet @ Cumming Aquatic Center - 12/15-12/16

Bailey

200 Freestyle - 2:52.54 - seeded 8th. Hasn't swum this in a very long time. The time posted goes back to around February of last year. I expect she'll improve on this...

100 IM - 1:25.20 - seeded 7th. I could see an improvement in this race, as she's been working harder in practice and her stamina should be better, but I don't expect much of an improvement.

50 Butterfly - 38.16 - Seeded 8th. Bailey's best time is in the low 37s, so I expect her to beat her seed time. Especially given that she has been cleared to race everything now.

100 Breaststroke - 1:34.77 - Seeded 5th. Bailey can be the fastest Gold Girl with a good swim.

100 Freestyle - 1:16.49 - Seeded 10th. Another old time as she wasn't allowed to swim the event because of her injury. I expect she'll beat this by a good bit...

50 Breast - 44.95 - Seeded 10th...Big race here for Bailey, as she's the first seed for Gold 10U girls, but the second seed is only .7 seconds back...if she can beat the other girl it will put her in line to be the Breaststroker on the A relay at state.

100 Butterfly - NT - is there any better indication that she's been cleared to race everything than seeing she'll swim the 100 fly for the first time? She could beat Bear's time if she doesn't run out of gas...

200 IM - NT - first time swim for Bailey...she'll do well, but I'm betting fatigue grabs here before it is over and she won't beat Bear's time (not really surprising), but she might not beat Brett's either...we'll see...

Bear

200 Freestyle - 2:36.11 - Seeeded 5th. Had a big improvement here in his last meet, not sure he can do it again. Especially given the stomach bug this week.

100 IM - 1:27.40 - Seeded 4th. I expect an improvement here, as long as he is healthy and not worn out from the 200 Free. He should be a good bit faster than Bailey at this point, so I could see him posting a time in the 1:23.xx range...

50 Backstroke - 38.64 - Seeded 4th. With strong turns could post a personal best. He got out of the conservative, let's don't bang our head into the wall type turns in the last meet...if he carries it over it will help.

50 Freestyle - 33.57 - Seeded 5th. A big race for Bear...he's seeded 4th for Gold Swim Club and he needs to stay in the top 4 to be on the A free relay at state.

100 Backstroke - 1:24.42 - Seeded 6th. Good turns and this time drops...a good bit.

100 Fly - 1:31.34 - Seeded 5th. Depends on strength and if he can maintain form. Last time he swam this, he had to catch is breath on the 75 yard turn. If he can keep from doing that, he should drop time.

200 IM - 2:52.71 - Seeded 2nd...the kid seeded ahead of him is the same kid he raced stroke for stroke with at the Martha Bass meet last month. Bear only trails him by .3 seconds. He could win this outright with a good swim.

500 Freestyle - 7:10.17 - Seeded 6th. - Not sure his time improves after he'll swim a tough 200 IM...but I won't count him out either...

Brett

200 Freestyle - 2:47.61 - Seeded 9th. Hard to get a measure on this one. Brett's kicking has gotten better, and in general his freestyle is better, but in the last few freestyle races he hasn't posted a personal best. My bet is here, he won't either...just not sure where the disconnect in speed is...

200 Backstroke - NT - First time swimming this event. No idea what sort of time he'll post...

200 Breaststroke - NT - This isn't the first time Brett has swum the event. His personal best is 3:17.XX from last year around this time. And that time would be good enough for 2nd Seed. I expect he'll do much better than his best time, given that he's been improving on the shorter breast swims and he seems to do better in the longer ones...

100 Butterfly - 1:31.56 - Seeded 8th...I can't believe he's seeded 8th in the fly. I'm so proud of how hard he's worked on this. He probably won't post a personal best given that he just got that time 2 weeks ago...and it was such a HUGE improvement at the time...

100 Freestyle - 1:15.93 - Seeded 22nd. Brett will really want to go fast here to keep his time better than Bailey's, we'll see if he can start improving on the freestyle again...

100 Backstroke - 1:28.57 - Seeded 15th. If he can increase his arm rotation, he'll improve his time. Form is solid, so just need to go harder...

Last edited by Breeze : 12-12-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote