View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 01:32 AM   #267
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

World Cup Update

-- Neil Cairney plays well in Scotland's 1-1 draw against Saudi Arabia. Holland and South Africa battle to a scoreless draw and Shanon Andrea comes on as a substitute in that contest. Greece win 3-1 over Algeria in a battle between Giorgos Gesios and Salim Loucif. Gesios hurts his arm during the game and will miss the next two weeks.

European Golden Boot

-- Enrique from Man City wins the European Golden Boot, with United's Yaya Sanogo finishing second and Tiago from Olympique Lyonnais coming up in third.

Preseason Friendlies

- I accept offers from Olympique Lyonnais, Ipswich, Watford and Sutton United for preseason friendlies and turn down Maidenhead. I'll start working on my other preseason friendlies soon.

Transfer Talk

-- In a definite first, I have Samir Nasri approach me, looking for our club to compensate him if he's to accept a move to Bolton. Nasri is looking for £6K per week for the remaining year he has on his contract due to the fact he'd be accepting a smaller deal with Bolton. In the end, I'll be LOSING money, as the compensation will be more than the transfer fee coming back but I'd rather take the small loss than have to continue paying him £27,500 per week to sit on my bench. I accept his offer and we'll see if the transfer goes through. And so it does…

Transfer OUT

-- Samir Nasri departs to Bolton in a £200,000 deal with potential clauses. I'm going to have to pay him £300K just in compensation for him accepting a smaller deal but again, the alternative was me paying him over a million pounds if he stayed for the entire season. He's a shell of his former self but he was a good influence on our younger players.

Transfer IN

-- We make a HUGE splash before even getting our 2022/23 budget!!! If you can recall in my last post, I had my eyes on two potential world-class strikers. I struck out on the 23 year old Cheikh Bocande, who elected to sign with Liverpool in an £18.25 million deal. So I went after the 26 year old shortly thereafter and for about half the price, I end up striking a deal with Anderlecht for one of their stars. Please welcome Belgium striker Chiquinho to Dover!

I pay £9.5 million for Chiquinho (real name is Francisco Santos), who has essentially spent his entire career with Anderlecht, playing 243 games over the past seven seasons, scoring a whopping 172 league goals!!! We saw him in action during our Champions League Group Stage matches and he scored once in our two game set and was very impressive alongside his strike partner Said Henni. Chiquinho is a 4.5/4.5 player and immediately becomes the best player Dover has ever seen. He's extremely durable (over 30 league games played six consecutive years) and EXTREMELY productive (he's scored no fewer than 24 league goals in his last five years). He will immediately be a first-choice striker alongside Shanon Andrea and we have our own explosive target man up front. I'm ELATED!

-- The shockwaves are immediate. First of all, Anderlecht fans are LIVID that their favourite player has been sold after "building up a great rapport with the supporters". Secondly, Dover's Commercial Director (I didn't even know I had one!) notes in a financial update that "the purchase of Chiquinho is likely to cause a sharp increase in revenue due to shirt sales. It's a GOOD DAY!!!

Staff Contract Extensions

-- I have a number of contract extension offers accepted by some key scouting staff, including my chief scout.

Transfer Clause Money IN

-- Former striker Gerardo Escobar, who I sold to Sheffield Wednesday last year, gets sold again, this time to uber rich Tottenham for the ridiculous sum of £13,500,000. WOW! I was smart enough to build in a 20% sell-on clause so I get £525,000 up front and an additional £2.2 million over the next 24 months! WOW again! I can't believe Escobar, a 3 star player, went for that much money. He did play great for Sheffield last year and led their club in scoring but we'll see what he does with a top club like Spurs.

World Cup Update

-- Neil Cairney plays well again in a 1-1 Scotland draw versus the United States. Shanon Andrea came on as a substitute for Holland in a convincing 4-0 win over Iran and Salim Loucif's Algerian squad shocked Russia by the same scoreline.

Preseason Foreign Tour

-- Every year, I pick a new country to visit during the preseason for a two-game tour. Last year we visited Germany, the year before it was Italy and prior to that it was Greece. This year we will head to Holland, Shanon Andrea's home country and we'll face Dutch powerhouses PSV and Ajax in friendlies.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 03-13-2014 at 01:34 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote