View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #277
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Training Camp Begins

-- The players return from their vacation and two players are hurt as they arrive to camp. We already knew about Gianluca Bolis but DC Thomas Andersen suffered a fractured skull (ouch) during a match while on loan at Getafe.

-- In our team meeting, my coaches give me the low-down on where we stand in relation to other teams in the league.

Aggression - Low (Last year we were lowest in league)
Dribbling - Poor
Height - Good, among the tallest squads in the league (Last year we were "Poor")
Speed - High
Fitness - Best in the League (Second year in a row)
Age - Youngest team in the League (We've been the youngest squad all five years in the Premier League)

World Cup Update

-- Mexico defeat Spain 3-2 to move onto the finals of the World Cup.They will face Argentina, who defeated Brazil 1-0.

Transfers OUT

-- We start moving players out and the first player to go is reserve striker Dennis Kunz who comes to terms on a contract with Havre AC in French Ligue 1 and departs on a £250,000 deal. We picked Kunz up on a free from FC Carl Zeiss Jena in Germany in 2018 and he played a couple of years with our U18 squad before moving onto our reserves team. He never played a senior level game for us and we're happy to get something for him.

-- Next on the move is striker Ryan Bodin, who leaves for Tranmere in the Championship in a £875,000 deal. We picked up Bodin on a free from FC Sochaux-Montbeliard in French Ligue 1 in 2020 and sent him on two season-long loan spells. He scored 16 goals for Rushden in 2020/21 and 10 goals last year in 22 matches for Coventry. He's a decent Championship level player but was never going to make it into the first team here. He leaves our club without having played in a single match.

International Duty

-- Emmerson Harvey is called up to play for England's U19 club.

Transfers OUT

-- Two more strikers depart. 19 year old Gregoire Lambert, who tore it up for our U18 team last year, is off to Hull in a £875,000 deal. We picked him up on a free from Girondins Bordeaux in Ligue 2 and he never played a senior level game for us.

-- We also move ST/AM Roberto to Osasuna in Spain's LIGA Adelante in a whopping £2 million transfer. We scooped Roberto up on a free from Los Angeles in MLS in 2018 and he spent two seasons out on loan, first at West Ham in the Championship in 2019, scoring 17 goals in 40 games and also last year at AJ Auxerre in Ligue 1, where he was a victim of the numbers game and only played in three games, scoring once. He played 16 league games for Dover, scoring 2 goals and adding 1 assist.

Loan IN

-- Well, we got him again! 18 year old stud striker Paul Moses rejoins our club on loan for the season from Manchester United and I am able to include a £19 million buy-out clause in the deal. Moses is a wonderkid with blazing speed who put up 8 goals in 16 league games for us last year despite having a feud with me all year. He's over it now and I WILL be activating that buyout clause at some point and hope he'll sign with me long-term. I just have to make sure I don't screw this up this time!

Stadium Stuff

-- Our pitch is re-laid like it usually is just before we start our season and it's back to being in perfect condition.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 03-15-2014 at 07:02 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote