View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #644
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
That sort of ignores that Canada has a very similar history, has a harsher climate and geography, but nowhere near as aggressive a culture (guns or otherwise).

Also NZ and Australia are even lower than Canada, the homicide rate there is just about 20-25% of the US. And like half the animals in Australia can kill you and both not only started off with violent encounters with the native inhabitants but had their own frontier in terms of expanding settlement into remote areas.

(yes, yes, Australia started off at the very start with a bunch of people sent their against their will. But since they were criminals, i am calling this even in terms of "likelihood to result in violent offspring").

You can literally play a "3 degrees of" type game with all these arguments and in the end the only tangible difference between the US and whatever country also fits that argument still is the number of Guns and the lack of regulation for selling and owning (and the resulting nonchalance in their classification as utterly normal every-day tools for everybody).

And i'll say it again: By any statistic available there isn't noticeably more crime, violent or otherwise, in the US than other developed countries. Just more people murdered by Guns.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 03-13-2018 at 03:54 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote