View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #552
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I thought Dragon Age 2 was a terrible game. It was a story that really needed to be driven by good characters but it had a cast of mediocre cliches and party members with inventory options stripped out because the developers didn't think Origins had enough cosplay. The combat ruined any strategic elements by having waves of enemies drop from the sky in the middle of battle and the dedication to, "IF YOU PRESS A BUTTON SOMETHING AWESOME HAS TO HAPPEN." All taking place in the same couple of lazily reused environments.

The reused environments were a problem. Definitely annoying and lazy. I didn't like the stripped down inventory much either.

I didn't feel like the strategic elements of the game were ruined by the waves. I adjusted. Combat and tactics felt very much like the first, save the camera was a bit more difficult to use because of the lack of a true over head view.

I enjoyed it. Much better than most games out there.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote