View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #106
muns
Pro Starter

Its getting closer to the time ive been waiting for, the unveiling of the top 10, however we still arent quite there and I still havent figured out how I want to do it. So im doing 2 more at the moment. Enjoy!!!

12. Tellisto- Talk about a name from the far far past that nobody ever seems to remember or talk about anymore. I was hoping he would maybe crack/sneak up in the top 10 but I just couldn’t justify it. Tell as we all called him grabbed ahold of the New York Franchise in 1964 and ended up leaving FOOL in 1972. All he ever did was win 594 games in 9 seasons, making the playoffs twice and winning the FOOL Classic once.

You see back then you had to win your division to be in the Classic, otherwise he may very well have won a few more championships for himself. His win percentage sits at 5th best ALL TIME at .551% and he was a very knowledgeable guy on the boards. Tell gave up FOOL in 1970 due to a few undisclosed reasons, and ill say that it was a sad day. We were so new and were going through so many new bugs that Markus introduced to us, that the league was shaky at best. The concept was and is still fantastic, but I think the stability was a huge issue for Tell and at that point we were far from stable. We lost one of the better GM’S the league had at that point in time. Tell I know you still frequent the FOFC boards, I think you should come back as well, there is always room for a good guy that can win around here. Would you even think about it????

An example of our first “trying” issues with OOTP 9
1964 Consolation Draft - Front Office Football Central

So far in the countdown this pick at this spot by far has been the toughest for me to pick. Both guys I was considering are class acts and have contributed to the league in a big ways. I spent hours searching on the forums trying to see if I could give the edge to one or the other on “making an impact on FOOL” or in any different areas I could think of, and couldn’t give the edge to either one of them. So it all came down to the stats. The guy thats in the spot below him at number 10 had one more playoff opportunity and two more first place finishes than my number 11 guy.

So for the 11 spot im choosing Commo_Soldier.

Commo is a guy that is and was well liked, spoke his opinion when he needed to and knew how to play OOTP. His teams were always compettitive and he only finished last once in his entire career. His last 9 years in the league he never dipped below 500 ball and he made the playoffs 4 times. His overall record stands at 2891 and 2595 for a winning % of .527. Commo made the playoffs 7 times as a GM, however his only knock is that he only won a FOOL Title once. He ranks 8th all time in winning percentage and during the regular season is always a guy you had to contend with. If he hand more championships he would have no doubt been ranked higher on this list but the championships are and were elusive. In closing, Commo needs a thank you for all the work he has put into FOOL from the beginning and for always coming back after taking a break. Hopefully he does so again, and would be welcomed by all in the FOOL community.

An interesting thread about one of our old rules for spending to much that Como was involved in
Team punished for spending too much - Front Office Football Central

Another Prediction or Preview post from Commo
1979 Predictions - Front Office Football Central

Commo brining up more than a few issues in this thread for FOOL
Whats the Plan? - Front Office Football Central

and lastly a season review Commo Posted of his Brooklyn Squad
1967 Season in Review - Front Office Football Central

Top 10 is next up!!!!!!!!

Last edited by muns : 08-29-2009 at 04:43 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote