View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #783
Radii
Head Coach

-- Park Sang-Ho is sold to Lemona in the Spanish Second Division for $60,000.

-- GK Carlos Antonio expresses concern over the lack of harmony in the clubhouse. I hold on to the hope that winning fixes everything, and that we'll be able to do that.

New Youth Signing

I decided to at least look a little into the youth program after reading some of the awesome SFraser posts that were documented in the FM11 thread, not expecting to turn into Man U but interested in learning more about this part of the game and maybe making some cash if nothing else. I released a bunch of total dead weight, 1/2* prospects that had been training under my inferior old coaching setup for the last couple years to clean things up.

With that done, I lucked into a scout recommendation for a youngster from Oxford and ended up paying $325,000 for 16 y/o ST Chris Bryan. Bryan looks to be better right now than Ian Taylor, the youth striker I had when I took over Ipswich who appears to not be panning out.

Physical: Pace 14, Accel 15, Fitness 17. Stamina is 9, everything else is 11+

Mental: Off The Ball 15, Anticipation 14, Flair 12, Determination 11, Decisions 12, Concentration 13. He seems to have an extremely good base to build from here

Technical: Finishing 15, Dribbling 15, First Touch 12, Technique 12.

A really well rounded and exciting youngster for my level. My scouts believe he has the potential to be as good as Khan and Constantino. I'm looking forward to training him and seeing how much he can improve in the next year and a half before he turns 18.

-- The fans are excited by my new signing and feel I've shown good vision and ambition.

Friendly #4

We travel to Braintree in the BS South, one of our feeder clubs. We score in the 7th minute as Mills gets into the area, crosses into the 6 yard box and Turgay Colak charges in to head it home. Constantino with a nice goal in the 19th minute receiving a pass 25 yards out, burning the defense and scoring easily. Henrique scores off a corner in the 43rd minute. Henrique scores his second goal on another corner in the 66th minute.

Henrique is man of the match with 2 goals. Colak and Constantino also score. Assists are 2 from Donnelly and 2 from Mills.

Braintree 0 : 4 Ipswich

-- Reading's boss declares interest in Mariga. Perhaps someone will come after him after all. Khan and Kirkland both receive offers as well from Sunderland and Sheffield Utd. I reject both.

-- It takes a few days but Stuart Kirkland signs the contract I offer him, locking him up for 4 years at $24,000/wk.

New Captains

-- Since I took over at Ipswich its been pretty automatic, Troy Brown and Alex Bruce for captain/vice captain. Bruce is gone and Brown doesn't start anymore. Its time for a change. After a quick google I'm actually a bit torn. Gordon Donnelly and Stuart Kirkland have the highest influence on the team after Brown at 15. Kirkland is younger than Donnelly, only 20 years old to Donnelly's 25. But Kirkland's other mental attributes seem better. If they were the same age Kirkland would be clear choice for captain with 17 teamwork/16 work rate/17 bravery/12 determination. Donnelly is more determined and that's it.

-- In the end I choose to go with experience, naming Gordon Donnelly my captain and Stuart Kirkland my vice captain.

Friendly #5

We travel to EPL side Huddersfield in our last friendly before opening league play. Constantino makes a great run in a crowded penalty area, beating 3 defenders and the keeper to score in the 14th minute. DC Welsh gives up a penalty in the 20th minute and they tie it.

We sub out the starters in the 60th minute. They get a goal from a starting striker on a strong header in the 65th. Same guy, Ibai Platas, scores in the 73rd. This is the guy they spent all their money on last year to stay up in the EPL.

Huddersfield 3 : 1 Ipswich

-- After our last friendly I go through and make sure the squad is set, getting guys reserve team time that don't figure to play much. I want Chris Mason getting all of the playing time on the reserve team but really GK Dominic Johnson is dead weight at this point. I offer him out to other clubs and get a few quick offers from League 2 sides.

-- Sunderland won't stop trying to raid the squad. They offer me $10.75M for Matthew Khan. Khan has slightly fallen out of favor as Constantino has trained incredibly well and I moved to a 1 striker formation last year and this year look to the strength & speed striker combo with Hamilton/Constantino... but Khan is 24 y/o, well liked, and talented, and I don't see a reason to let him go even for that amount right now.

-- Celtic shower praise on Neil Gordon and he is flattered by that praise and they seem to be winning him over a little. NO. I see you batting your eyes at that rich team across the way, stop it!

Despite all the harmony concerns and issues with bigger teams trying to make my best players want to leave me, we go into the regular season with superb morale all around. Its opening day vs Leicester!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote