View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #94
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well. That was quite the night. Was supposed to take of from Newark flying to London at 6:00. Sat on the runway for 5 hours with a 6 and 9 year old and my wife. Plane had to be deiced, finally do that then while waiting in line for take off another snow squall comes through. Have to deice again. About an hour goes by and pilot says we can't deice anymore. Too many other planes and by the time we would get through we wouldn't have enough fuel. they them take 2 hours to get us back to the gate, at which point the jetway breaks down and it takes another 30 minutes to get that done. they tell us we can leave the plane but don't have to. We leave. About 40 minutes later they announce everyone has to leave the plane and they will let us know when control has a taxi time and we can get back on the plane and go An hour later they announce the flight is cancelled. It is now almost 1:00AM. The line at customer service is at least 4 hours. I can't rebook through the app because wife and I booked tickets separately and it wouldn't work out. I wait 2.5 more hours and rebook over the phone leaving today at 3:00 from LaGuardia. We rent a car at Newark, book a hotel by LaGuardia, and arrive here at 5:00 AM. They have assured us our luggage will be waiting in London. Rough night but the kids held up great and my wife and I didn't turn on each other at any point.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote