View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 08:08 AM   #120
PilotMan
Head Coach

To give some perspective on how badly our industry has been hit.

I'm bidding for May right now. Typically, I am around 80% of the way down the list just for first officers and on the 777, based in EWR, only. That makes me a low level "line holder" meaning that I have an awarded schedule of flying with set departure and end times. Guys below me, roughly 15% of the group are on reserve. Meaning they have available days where they are on call.

For March and April I am on reserve. Typically, there are about 430 pilots in my group, and I'd have about 100 guys below me, and about 365 of them would have regular flying lines.

For June, there is only enough flying for seven people to have regular schedules. Seven out of 430. This is the same thing across the whole industry. The original money for the airlines will not be enough, even if they furlough 80% of the operation after October 1, they are going to need more unless we see some sort of rebound over the summer.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote