View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 12:43 PM   #246
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I'd like to remind you all that consuming bottles of alcohol that you brought on board is a federal offense. Also, if you appear intoxicated you should be denied boarding by the gate agents.

Drunk people are pains in the ass.

Speaking of drunk people and Singapore Airlines... about 10 years ago, I was flying back from Moscow on a half empty plane. If you have flown Singapore, you know their flight crews are passive to the point of obsequious, or at least they were then. Some burly dude speaking Russian had one of the middle rows on a 3-4-3 plane (747, right?) all to himself. He kept asking for the little alcohol bottles and the flight attendants kept bringing them to him. He kept sloppily drinking them - like he would chug half and then started piling them on a couple of the tray tables in his row. As he kept drinking more and more of these, he started asking for them quicker and quicker. Eventually, the flight attendant had to called what I think is the manager, as they had a different uniform. He deftly disarmed the situation by repeating over and over to the passenger that he could have another drink once he finished all of his current drinks. The passenger alternated between (presumably) cursing out the manager and trying to drink what was left in the half-empty bottles. Eventually, he failed, grunted one last insult, passed out, and started snoring.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote