View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 10:30 PM   #432
Edward64
Head Coach

This is pretty cool. I like it when CEOs really try to understand what employees are going through.

Uber CEO Became Undercover Boss in Used Tesla, Surprised by Rude Riders
Quote:
Uber's CEO moonlighted as a driver to find out why the company was having trouble signing up more drivers. He was surprised to find out just how many issues there were — and how unpleasant some riders could be.

Dara Khosrowshahi, the CEO of Uber, told The Wall Street Journal that he secretly signed up as a driver in September last year to better understand the Uber-employee experience amid a slowdown in recruitment.
When I was travelling for work, I always found myself socializing with the Uber driver (e.g. he was never on a headset, like NY yellow cabs, talking loudly in a foreign language with friends & family). I like to think I was always polite and never slammed the car door (Uber guy told me they don't like that). Asked if he liked Uber, why not Lyft, does he make money, where to go for dinner etc.

I've never asked for a unexpected stop but have had Uber drivers asked if they can stop at a gas station to visit the restroom.

Quote:
Five Uber drivers recently interviewed by Insider said they frequently encountered rudeness, no tips, late arrivals, and requests for stops at drive-thrus or convenience stores.

FWIW, just a note on Grab, an Uber like service in Asia. I've used it in Philippines, Malaysia, and Thailand. Definitely just as convenient vs hailing a cab, but I've always found them lacking compared to Uber. Essentially glorified taxi cab drivers that migrated to Grab, same attitude and not caring about user experience.

I've taken Uber in Greece and Australia, similar good experiences as in the US.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-08-2023 at 10:30 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote