View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 09:14 AM   #191
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Well I'm certainly enjoying the show this season, and I understand the removal of McNulty as one of the key figures on the show will leave a vacuum, but does anyone else get the feeling that they've sort of bitten off more than they can chew in terms of the number of characters? There's so many characters and plotlines that you're only catching up with some of them every three episodes, and some not even that. I guess it just goes with the territory though.

I've never felt that way. The new characters that have been introduced time after time are immensely interesting. The show is so well written that i never have those groan moments when a character comes on screen (unlike say... Michael in 'LOST' on ABC).

In one of the season preveiw specials there was some great line by the creator about the show serving story rather than character. I thought it was a very simple but profouned statement about what makes the show so good. They don't feel the urge to make it the Jimmy McNulty show, they don't feel afraid to introduce an entirely new cast of chracters without dumbing it down, and at no point does any of it feel forced to me. I'm as hooked as ever with the new season, whether it's the corner kids, Carcetti's run for office, catching up with Bodie, etc. It's simply a perfect show.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote