View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 09:23 PM   #2
SecretAgentMan
n00b

Prologue
"Greenland is Ice, but Iceland is Nice"
-D2: The Mighty Ducks

I sat down, in my new office, and took a long hard look around. Iceland was indeed as beautiful as had been promised to me. Beautiful cities, beautiful scenery, beautiful buildings....the works. Beautiful office, too, come to think of it, tucked into a small corner of a large, imposing building in Reykjavik. I had been in the country for a few days, seeing the sights, but now it was time to get down to work. And this was going to be a lot of work, make no doubt about it. The 2022 Winter Games had just ended, but 2026 is never far away when you're doing this kind of work.

Oh. Pardon me- I haven't introduced myself yet. They call me Jeffrey Dalesson. It's not actually my name, but I've learned that they do names a little differently around here. I've been hired by the Icelandic Athletic Committee to develop Iceland's High-Performance Winter Sports Program. The goal is simple, really: we want to win a Winter Games medal for Iceland. You'd think a place named "Iceland" would be good at winter sports, right? Well, no, it turns out that's not true. Never had a winter games medal before.

But we're going to change that. We- not me. I've got lots of passion for this job, and lots of skills, too, but this isn't just my battle. I'm also tapping into the power of social media to get people from all around the world interested in Icelandic winter sports. My hope is that you will follow along and help out, too. We can ALL make Iceland very, very nice indeed.

So come along for the ride, and let's get to work!

-END Prologue-

What is this dynasty, and how is it "interactive"? Well, I want to continue making my game, Going for Gold, better, and I love the Winter Games a LOT. So, I want to keep engaging with the sport sim community by presenting a winter sports dynasty using my game. It will help keep me working on regular development and give me a chance to share that development with others. It will also give me a chance to make a unique "dynasty" to share and allow others to play along, whether or not they have a copy of my game. (Though, given that it's currently free...well, just message me and I'll be glad to get you a download link!)

Speaking of which, let's talk about the "interactive" part. It's pretty simple. Any time you make a comment on this thread, you get a dynasty point. You can bank and build up as many dynasty points as you want! Then, you will be able to spend those dynasty points at certain times in each season to influence Iceland's budget decisions. You can give money to favorite athletes or favorite programs, help Iceland build better facilities, or fund youth development efforts.

I plan to update once a week, and I hope that you will get a chance to enjoy it!

Last edited by SecretAgentMan : 02-24-2022 at 09:34 PM.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote