View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 07:59 AM   #193
Edward64
Head Coach

Smart of Apple to diversify. And to diversify into a growth market with vast, untapped potential market.

I've read in some Android phones the SOC is sometimes different for India (assume because of costs & local pricing). I can see Apple doing this for the local market. My 2+ year old A14 Bionic is still running everything I need now and for the foreseeable future.

https://www.scmp.com/tech/big-tech/a...ion-away-china
Quote:
India-made iPhones surged in volume and value last year, as Apple moved to shift some production away from China in a bid to diversify its supply chain.
:
As a result, Apple last year accounted for 25 per cent of the value of India’s total smartphone shipments, up from 12 per cent in 2021, according to Counterpoint.

China produces up to 85 per cent of iPhones globally, but is at risk of losing its dominance as Apple takes steps to shift more of its manufacturing supply chain outside China.
Quote:
In 2020, the Indian government launched a US$6.65 billion plan that offered global smartphone makers incentives to relocate their manufacturing to the country.

Apple contract manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group is reportedly planning to invest about US$700 million on a new plant in India to boost local production
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote