View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #323
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Tara Classic (Last Chance Meet) @ Steve Lundquist Aquatic Center, July 5-7

The last chance qualifier for Long Course State is this weekend. We will only be participating on Saturday as Bear and Bailey will each swim 2 events that they could earn a cut in. Brett won’t be swimming in this one. His coach wants him heading into the State meet with the last experience in the pool being his huge improvement in the 200 Breast.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey

50 Fly – Seed Time 38.31 : Cut Time 37.39 – Bailey needs to cut a second to get her time, but honestly it’s probably more like a second and a half. She’s been slightly off with her stroke recently (probably due to growth, as she’s now only 1” shorter than Brett), and it is costing her on average about a half a second in the Fly, as recently she seems to be coming in around 38.8…in this pool, which like last week is really more of a training facility not one designed for speed, I really don’t think she’ll get the cut, and in fact, I doubt she even swims a personal best.

100 Back – We are scratching this event, as Bailey isn’t really close to this cut…

100 Freestyle – Seed Time 1:16.14 – Bailey doesn’t really have a chance at this one either, but we’ll have her swim it anyway to see if she can notch a personal best. I’m not sure she can, because her times in the free, like the fly have been off just a little.

200 Backstroke – DECK ENTERED – Seed Time 3:13.83 : Cut Time 3:09.59 - we will swap in this event after scratching in the 100 Back. Bailey has an outside shot at this one, it will be tough, but given this will be the second time swimming this event she could cut 4 seconds….

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear

200 Free – Seed Time 2:46.97 : Cut Time 2:44.29 – This might completely come down to Bear’s turns. He is close to this cut, and him improvement in the 50 free just last weekend leads me to believe he’s in a good form and could challenge this time, but if he screws up just 1 turn, he won’t make it…

100 Back – We will scratch this as Bear has no shot to make the cut this time around

100 Free – Seed Time 1:19.76 – Not shot to get the cut, but we’ll let him swim this one anyway…I do believe he’ll get a personal best as long as he doesn’t screw up the turn…

200 Back – DECK ENTERED - Seed Time NT : Cut Time 3:19.29 – This is a swap out, just like Bailey. Bear has never done this race, which is my only reservation with predicting him to get the cut…but based on times I’m seeing for kids that Bear practices with and is much better than, that have done this race a couple of times and have come close to a cut, I have to believe Bear can get it, even the first time out…
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote