View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #332
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

GRPA State Championship - July 27th @ Lanier Aquatics

Let me get this thread caught up a bit...

At the state meet, Brett didn't do exceptionally well. But honestly, I didn't expect him to. His practices were geared for him to peak the previous week, and he missed a couple of practices leading up to the GRPA State Meet, because of logistical issues. Here's how things went...

200 Yard Medley Relay - The team came in seeded 2nd, but there were several teams with sandbagged times. In their prelim heat, the backstroker was 6th out of 10 teams to the wall, Brett caught 1 of the swimmers in front of him to put them in 5th. The flyer passed all but the lead team (which was way out in front), but the freestyler lost a spot and the team was 3rd. With 4 heats and only 8 teams making the finals this was not a comfortable place to be...but as it turns out the team was seeded 6th headed into the finals...Brett's split in the relay was a 38.8 (while the pool was very slow this wasn't a good swim at all).

50 Breast - Brett was hoping to make the finals, but he'd have to do much better than his split in the relay...and he didn't. He went a 38.3. Unfortunately, had he matched his seed time, he would have made the finals...As it was he finished 11th (I think).

200 Yard Free Relay - This was an also ran event from the beginning. They had no shot at finals...Brett's split was pretty pedestrian, but in line with the other 3 swimmers. In fact, I don't think he had the slowest split of the four.

------------------------------------------------------------------

200 Yard Medley Relay Finals - The backstroker again finished 6th. Brett swam a much better split, 37.8, but he was unable to make up ground. The flyer got the team to 4th, and was close to third, but the freestyler slipped back to 6th.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote