View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #336
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Gold Time Trials @ Cumming Aquatic Center - 9/14

Brett - Brett's perfect attendance at Summer practices and through the early part of the season, combined with some improved confidence has really started to pay off. While he's certainly not challenging for state cuts or to win any event, he is dropping a considerable about of time...

100 Back - 1:23.17 - A huge improvement, as his long deliberate strokes came in at 1:18.67, a drop of 4.5 seconds. He still needs to increase his stroke rate...(coaches comments to him too), and if he does he could drop another 3 or 4 seconds easy.

100 Breast - 1:25.06 - Big improvement here. I felt he would post a best time, because of his improvements during long course...but I didn't expect a 4.62 second drop. 1:20.44. Unfortunately, he still has a long way to go to get the state cut (at 13 the drop in time is significant, mostly because the average boy starts hitting puberty and gets bigger and stronger). Coach wants him to hold the glide a bit longer...says he's too quick out of the stroke and is wasting some of his speed.

100 Free - 1.11.85 - Another improvement...1:09.04, would have liked to see a bit more honestly, and he still needs to kick better, but this is a huge step in the right direction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear - Did ok, his stroke form is improving a bit, and I think we'll see some drops from him mid -season, but he's still working to iron out kinks...especially in the short races...

50 Fly - 38.44 - Rythem got off for him and he ended up adding just a touch of time 38.54

50 Back - 38.72 - Backstroke was still stiff, but form was better and he dropped time to a 37.94, and I could see him dropping another couple seconds in this once he relaxes a bit and really starts to race, rather than thinking about what he was doing.

50 Free - 32.46 - Coach has really been working on getting Bear to stretch out his reach in the frees, and it seemed to help, he posted a personal best 31.46, and I could see him dropping more time in this one as the season goes on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey - Didn't have a great meet. She was very disappointed with her times, but I think this goes back to the fact she had such dramatic increases last season, I'm not sure she'll have the big drops this season, at least not until we get much further into it.

50 Fly - 33.44 - Did improve here, by about a quarter of a second. Would have been another half second faster if her dive wasn't sooooo deep. 33.18

50 Breast - 44.34 - started out ok, but faded late. Ended up with a 45.14...also had a deep dive here...

50 Free - 30.19 - again deep dive killed her time. Not sure she would have improved but it would have been close with a good dive. 30.99
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote