View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #354
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
So, yeah....

My 3 year old finally started to pee in the potty, after much prodding. She does it like a champ anymore. However, girl cannot shit in the toilet to save her life, and I'm tired of soiled panties/pants(not such a big deal) and random dumps on the floor(making me fucking furious, even if I know it wasn't intentional). Now I don't know whether to go back to diapers or pullups, or hope that she figures this out within the next week or so. I'm tired of breaking out the rug cleaner.
I feel your pain, for what it's worth. Add the fact that I don't do well with cleaning up shit anyway (*gag*).

I'm curious if you've tried any reward offers, or other strategies. Don't laugh, but we had my son Drew get the hang of it with what my wife and I called the "poop train." It was a set of small plastic train engines from a dominoes game - I think there were 8 - and if Drew pooped on the pot "like a big boy" we added an engine to the train. When he completed all 8, he got a toy and mucho congrats. Obviously, you can pick whatever little thing would work for your daughter (plastic animals might work).

Anyway, good luck!