View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #383
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

It's probably her being a three-year-old. Our four-year-old has some of the same features, but in true Spinal Tap fashion, they all go up to 11. Bathtime isn't much of a problem, bedtime sometimes is, but it's the total crapshoot of her emotional state that wears on us. Sometimes we're able to get her to disengage from what she's doing fine, but there are other times when doing so would make her think you were absolutely destroying her world. She's also recently developed (for a lack of a better term) an attitude, though we're not sure where this came from. This usually is in the form of raspberry blowing or some snide tone to her voice in response to something we're saying or doing. We're usually pretty patient parents and can put up with a lot from her, but this new stuff she's doing is hitting all the wrong buttons with both of us. I don't know if it's a combination of her verbal and intellectual abilities mixed up with a dose of her rather volatile emotions, but I swear I feel like I'm getting a good picture of what life will be like in ten years. The only thing missing is any sort of teen lingo.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote