View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #2872
hoopsguy
General Manager

We did not know what would happen if we tried to bribe someone with no vices, but we pretty much decided that wasn't a direction we wanted to go.

So naturally the first two people we have Barkeep look at - Fouts and Chubby - have no vices. And we are trying to avoid appearing tired, so that took us through Day 4. Starting off with three cowboys, and being deathly afraid of early seer scans, we went on the offensive with the bribes even though we had incomplete information. Anxiety Night 1 has been documented. Cronin on Night 3 (I think), we had no information on his vices. And Spleen - no knowledge of vices.

When I came out with the Brothers reveal I was hoping that people had been forthcoming with their reveals on roles and not held that piece of information back. If they had, I was a dead man but what did I have to lose being in jail with basically everyone in the village suspecting me already?

Barkeep did a good job of conveying our paranoia. We started off with only three players, it seemed like 1/2 the village could move around at night and thus put us on locations while we acted at night, and we were sure that one of us was going to be popped by the seer by the end of Night 2 at the latest. We really felt like the game was stacked against us - that was pretty pervasive in our conversation for the time that I was around.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote