View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 02:18 PM   #30
CentralMassHokie
High School JV

Along the lines of some here, my friend and I had competing wrestling federations using G.I. Joe guys. We'd each setup matches and competitions, had our own champions, and then once in a while would have a mega-card where our champions would fight each other. We went as far as to build a super cage out of Construx and have injured G.I. Joe guys (ones who's elastics had snapped and we hadn't had time to put back together) become interviewers.

At school, anytime we had an indoor recess (which, in New England winters, is a lot), we'd play table-top football (the little paper wedge you flick and try to hang over the edge of the desk). We had like a 6 or 8 person league, with a regular season, playoffs, and a "checks" for the champion and runner up. I was the winningest player in history, winning the big prize twice and coming in second a third time.

Of course, that's not to mention the hours and hours drafting teams in the early EA Sports games that allowed you to draft teams (Lakers vs. Bulls, maybe) and watching our creations play each other. Tom Chambers was unstoppable.
CentralMassHokie is offline   Reply With Quote