View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 06:20 PM   #57
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2017-2018 Season Wrap-Up

Next Years Recruits

Let's take a look at how our 6 recruits' new teams from this season panned out.

SG Jaybard Riley - Jaybard is headed to Michigan St., which finished 25-9 overall and 13-5 in the Big 10. They lost in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament.

SG Quikshot Collins- Quikshot is headed to Pitt, and the Panthers finished 31-6 overall and 15-3 in the Big East. They lost in the NCAA Final Four.

C Ariel Ginsberg- Ariel is headed to Georgetown, which finished 26-10 overall and 12-6 in the Big East. The Hoyas lost in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen.

PF Path Twelve- Path is headed to Oregon, and the Ducks finished 13-18 overall and 6-12 in the Pac 10, no postseason.

SG Thomas Magnum- Thomas is headed to Marshall, who finished 6-26 overall and 2-14 in Conference USA. Of course, no postseason. Yikes!

PG Mike Schaplowsky- Mike is staying in-state and heading to Kansas St., his 2nd choice. The Wildcats finished 15-17 overall and 5-11 in the Big 12. No postseason for them either.

Season Awards

PF David Ginsberg -- Apparently David has been playing at PF all season and I missed it, or maybe he was recruited as a PF, I don't remember. Either way, he was named to the Patriot League 2nd Team.

He was also the only one of our FOFC players to get a season award. Yuck!

Transfers

Only 1 of our FOFC players transferred in the offseason, and surprisingly, it isn't who you think. Somehow, I have no idea how, but somehow Chester Smith agreed to return to Maryland next season. I have no idea why, Coach Turgeon must have promised him plenty of PT, maybe a starting role? In either case, Chester is staying a Terrapin.

Bam Jamison, however, has given up his role as a Don and decided San Francisco isn't for him. I'll be sure to let him know where he ends up.

Conference Movement

There were 2 conference changes this offseason, both of which affect some of our recruits. Memphis is heading to the Big East, and South Florida is heading to Conference USA.

Coach Movement

To my shock, none of our FOFC coaches moved, retired (I was thinking Boeheim or Coach K might) or were fired (Herb Sendek was on the Hot Seat).

Bam Jamison ended up transferring to... Grambling State???? Really? Well, I guess he'll get plenty of PT there, but wow. Grambling was 15-19 last season and 10-8 in the SWAC. They won the SWAC Tourney and got crushed in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament.

That completes Season 4, once I set all the coaches back to human, add in the real coaches for this seasons recruits and transfers, and edit the season 5 recruits, I'll get season 5 going. It'll probably be a few days though, hopefully Wednesday or Thursday.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote