View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 11:38 AM   #538
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I'm beginning to realize how out of touch most of my professional colleagues are with their own mortality.

The more conversation I have about COVID, the more I realize how polyana and care free so many people walk around every day.

Yes COVID is real and could kill you and Yes you should take precautions as much as possible.

But you do a lot of dumb more dangerous stuff as well. Not saying that to minimize it, saying that I think part of the freak out is people who have never seriously considered the possibility that they are going to die.

Work convo this morning where I "shocked" 4 40something co-workers when they learned I had a living will and an asset will and already owned my burial plots and had pre-paid for my funeral expenses. I did all this before I was 30. I honestly thought until today that made me in the norm....now I learn that no one..not even my 68 year old co-worker/employee has burial plots despite his wife being a 2 time cancer survivor.

I think the world is crazy and their priorities are skewed...

It's shocking how many people don't have plans. Not sure if it is because, like you said they don't have a concept of their mortality, or because they don't want to think about the inevitable end we all face. Would be an interesting poll.

It's even more baffling when you consider how many people let their fitness/diet lapse as they get older. in my late 50's now and I have probably ramped my routines up the last few years.

Here is my routine every single week
Monday through Saturday run 3.5 miles
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday through Saturday strength training
Wednesday 10 rounds on the heavy bag

And when thing open up I will squeeze a couple of days of BJJ back in there. Yeah, sometimes it sucks, but why not feel as good as you can for as long as you can.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote