View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 11:52 AM   #541
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I had a custody will before my son came home from the hospital. Literally. I left the day before discharge went to the lawyers office and had it drawn up, just in case we were both killed on the car ride home I wanted to know who would get care for him.

The will stuff and the arrangements isn't because I really care who gets what or where my carcass rots, its just I don't ever want to be a burden to my kids or loved ones. I have dedicated my life to eliminating their wants and inconvenience and I want to continue that until the end.

I know I am an outlier in certain mental approaches, Ive discussed it here before specifically on my thoughts around law enforcement and how it relates to 2A issues, but I just fully believe it is my most basic responsibility to handle everything I am capable of. Blame no one else. Burden no one else.

I could share some of the extreme stuff I have done to that end. But I thought the above stuff was super basic stuff everyone did. I thought it was part of being an adult.

And candidly I have a lot more respect for you guys than for 2 of the ones int he conversation this AM, so this is good. It makes me stop and re-evaluate and see that maybe they arent the odd ones that I am.

Actually this illuminates a lot of the friction between my son and I. He's apparently "normal" and I want him to be "extreme" in his eyes, where I see I'm as slack and want him to be normal.

Deep thought day for me...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote