View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #123
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

My brief comments based on my experience last spawn game:

- At least one of the officers previously started off as a spawn in Spawn2. In that game it was the ensign. It might be a completely different officer this game (or none at all). It was a huge advantage for the spawn in the previous game when I (as a spawn that game) was able to become captain. I personally would feel alot better if I knew that my officers were not spawn. Each of the officers have very important duties that in the hand of a spawn would be pretty bad.

- As long as I can feel pretty confident that my officers are not spawn, I don't have any real plans to override any of their commands and plan to allow them to make their own choices on how to direct things.

- If I remember right some areas of the ship were more important to fix in the early days than other areas. We can wait on repairing the engines for now until we get closer to our needed goal for crystlium. The sleeping quarters also aren't a huge priority to fix but they become a bit more important later once the security system is running well. I'm not worried about the water plant being fixed just yet in day 1 or so, as we have plenty of water we need to use up anyways or we lose. I think Schmidty (and others who want to help) should probably work on figuring out the best way to use the water as it might be something usable to locate spawn later on. At some point we'll need water though.

If I remember right, it got ugly when the slaves pen wasn't fixed and the slaves busted out. If I remember right, last game Kwhit ended up just killing all of the slaves because they became unamanagable. We'll need to make a decision at some point if our time is better spent fixing any damage there vs just outright killing off the slaves.

The two most important areas to repair at the start in my opinion is the security headquarters and the cargo hold. We can't even start on our mission until the cargo hold is repaired, and the security HQ needs to be functional or we'll be sitting ducks for alot of this mission.

Finally my last thought for now is more a question.. Any thoughts on where I should land us? Higher risk/reward where we take less damage but have more spawns to contend with.. or Less risk/reward where we have less spawn but less crystlium?

Also a special P.S.. I remember last game I think it was Sackattack who signed up to play but didn't end up on the game list... He ended up with a special role later in the game. It didn't matter that much since he wasn't votable for execution, but I wouldn't be suprised to see someone like Lathum or St.Cronin turn up in that role again this game.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote