View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #209
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
There's some big hoopla about a video player called VLC where the app developper has asked Apple to remove the free app form the App Store because they say that since it's open license, users shouldn't be restricted to the max of sharing with five others, or something like that. In other words, if you want this free video player that can handle just about anything, download now while it's still in the App Store. I have been using the portable version of VLC, running it from my USB key and it can indeed play just about anything, with just about all codecs in it, including flash movies.

In other news, iLounge just released the 2011 version of their iPod/iPhone/iPad Buyers’ Guide. For a newbie like me (and there might be others out there) I found their 2010 version well written and very informative. It sure answered many little questions I had, being all new to this iDevice thing when I read it only a couple weeks ago and I'm sure their 2011 version will have more of the same. Probably not necessary for people who've been had their iDevice for a while though.

I have decided to pass on the discounted FMHi 2010 in the hope that the 2011 version will come soon. Got plenty to tinker with for now anyway and I'll be more than happy to pay SI full price for the new version.

FM

I don't have an iphone so can't comment on the VLC on an iphone, but it is the best media player I've ever used on computers.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote