View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 07:07 PM   #485
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Some news and notes:

As Zinto hasn't been on the boards in almost 6 weeks, I've made the decision to make his coaches inactive and remove Al Hutt and Patrick Hutt as FOFC coaches. So that means we have 15 active coaches for the upcoming season. If Zinto or any of the other users come back and want their teams back, no big deal, just let me know.

Job Offers

First we take a look at the coaches that got job offers while still with their current teams, and there were 7 of our coaches that did. I'm going to run through these quickly and if you want any info on any of the teams, let me know.

Benito Sanchez (Stanford) is getting courted by Missouri.

Rob Nielsen (Colorado) is also getting courted by Missouri.

Bee Mighty (TCU) also got an offer from Missouri

Dean Hoo (Duke) is getting offers from N.C. State, Oklahoma St., West Virginia, Florida State, Louisville, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri.

Al Mighty (Michigan State) is getting offers from N.C. State, West Virginia, Florida State, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma.

Tim Shepard (UCLA) is getting offers from Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Florida State, Louisville, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and what might be the most tempting offer, Arizona. This might be a case of "If you can't beat em, join em" for Coach Shepard.

Brett Hawkins (Troy) is definitely a coach that has garnered a lot of attention over the past couple seasons. He got lots of offers: Morehead State, Belmont, FIU, Georgia State, Mercer, Niagara, UAB, Colgate, Eastern Michigan, Lehigh, Manhattan, Ohio, Stephen F. Austin, Fordham, IFPW, Loyola Chicago, Rhode Island, UMass, Kent State, Southern Illinois, and Oakland. Some pretty good mid-major schools in there, Coach Hawkins might have the toughest decision to make.

Now, 2 of our coaches wanted to test the waters by temporarily resigning from their schools and see what offers came their way. We'll start with:

Will Brown (Tulsa), who if he resigns, would get offers from North Dakota, Texas Southern, and Sam Houston State.

Randolph Childress (UConn) would get the exact same offers.

So the moral of the story is if you resign or get fired, expect to only get offers from crappy teams with low prestige, unless you get lucky.

9 of our 15 coaches have decisions to make, so I'll put this on hold until then.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote