View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 03:40 PM   #109
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: Sigh of relief
Craig McCorkle decided to not hold out. How about that!? That's great news, because it means we can postpone contract talks with the best MLB in the league to the late pre-season stages.

In the draft, we've spent our fourth through sixth round picks on a couple of projects. Quarterback Kelly Blalock comes in as a guy who can avoid the sack and has a decent Solecismic score, despite his mediocre intelligence (I think we have our new backup project). Linebacker Andy Russell will be moved to defensive end, the kid is potentially the best pass rusher on our team, which is something given how deep we are already. Running back Leonard Belin brings the fine combination of hole recognition and breakaway speed, although likely comes short to Ronald Graham.

In the meantime, we've signed pass rushing and special teams linebacker Skip Keith. We had to outbid the Paris Musketeers, which is good news of course, to claim his services.

Thus, we've had our first peak at what our rookies look like. The word on Theodore Bondy is very promising, our staff thinks he's a top five wide receiver. "Yay"?

I'm getting a little bit more optimistic about our chances, that's for sure, but I need to be cautious. I may be wearing my rose-colored glasses...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote