molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (TV TAPING)
Tuesday, Week 2, January 1984
Dallas, TX. (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,352; Ticket Prices: +$3 over default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Nikita Koloff defeated Owen Hart in 8:01 by pinfall. (D). Hart was tiring towards the end of the match. After the match, Boris Malenko hypes his "discovery" that he made in Russia - the monster that will one day be the WCCW World Champion - Nikita Koloff. (C+).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Buddy Landell defeats Al Perez in 5:40 by submission. (C-)

-Villano III defeated Mike Von Erich in 4:13 by submission. (B-). Villano III looked good. After the match, Villano III taunted Kerry Von Erich, and the injury to Kerry's arm he caused last week after defeating him. (B-)

-Adrian Adonis came out to the interview area where a new set was in place, for Adonis' new talk show - The Bachelor Pad. (If anyone has a better name, let me know, Adonis is currently using a "Overweight Playbody" gimmick). Adonis mocked Roddy Piper's show, "Piper's Pit" as being crap, and that he'll prove he's a much bigger talent. (C). Adonis then brought out his first two guests, Bob Backlund, and Michael Hayes. Adonis puts Backlund over, giving him much more respect than Piper did on Piper's pit. Adonis then asks the two what's going on between them. Backlund says he was briefly angry at Hayes for claiming that he cost Backlund the world title, but that they have now "sorted things out", and have some kind of business arrangement, the specifics of which they would not get into. (B)

-Manny Fernandez defeated Villano IV in 3:47 by pinfall. (B). Manny looked good. After the match, Manny Fernandez accepted the challenge made my Terry Funk last night to wrestle him in a match at January Star Wars. Manny said that Funk shouldn't start spending Adias' bounty money, because he won't be getting a penny of it. (B-)

-The new WCCW World Tag Team Champions, Bobby Eaton, and Koko B. Ware hype their upcoming title defense against the team they defeated in the finals of the tournament - Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin. (C+). Hayes and Garvin also then cut a promo hyping the match. (C+)

-WCCW World Tag Team Title Match
Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton defeated Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin in 13:37 when Koko pinned Garvin. The champs make their 1st title defense. (B-). Eaton looked good.

-Roddy Piper defeated King Kong Bundy in 6:11 by submission. (B+). The two showed great chemistry. After the match, Piper grabs a mic, and mocks Adonis' "Bachelor Pad" talk show that debuted earlier in the show. (C+).

-Kerry Von Erich hypes his upcoming TV Title Tournament Match with Kevin Von Erich. As a result of the Adams/Parsons draw last week, this match will be for the TV title. Kerry says he's been obsessing over this match for weeks, and his crowning moment is now here. As he speaks, clips of last night's match show are shown, where Kevin and Kerry came to blows. (B-)

-WCCW Television Championship Tournament - Final Match
Kevin Von Erich defeated Kerry Von Erich in 13:33 by submission, to win the WCCW TV Title in a hard fought match - neither side held back. (C). Kevin looked good. After the match, Kevin extends his hand to Kerry, but Kerry refuses the handshake and leaves the ring. (C+). After Kerry leaves, Kevin celebrates his win in the ring with the TV Title Belt. (C+)

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich defeats Buddy Jack Roberts in 8:51 by submission to make his 6th defense of the world title. (B+)

Overall Show Rating; B- (The show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity).

THOUGHTS;

-I ran David/Buddy as a thown-together main event because I knew Kerry/Kevin wouldn't rate well. David and Buddy deliver with a B+. This was their 5th 1-on-1 match, and their highest rated yet.

-My product type provides a penalty whenever faces and heels face off with each other, so I wasn't surprised that the fans weren't into Kerry v. Kevin. I'm not sure where this angle goes from here, but Kevin will be a great TV champion - he's relatively cheap, I can throw him on TV every week against anyone and he'll have a solid match.

-Bundy and Piper has a short match, but the two have great chemistry so the fans were really into it. In fact, it was Bundy's best ever match.

-Speaking of Piper. the Adonis/Piper feud kicked off much like it did in real life, with dueling talk shows. Instead of the flower shop however, Adonis' show is "The bachelor bad", since his gimmick is an "Overweight Playboy" (Not unlike Buddy Rose).

-Backlund and Hayes have this "mystery business" relationship that has been hyped for several weeks now. This is based on a storyline used towards the end of the Georgia territory, where Zybyzco got pissed that he couldn't beat Paul Orndorff for the title, so he ended up finding a "hired gun" to do it for him.

-Villano carries Mike to a B- match, which is Mike's best match rating ever.

-Manny Fernandez had a surprisingly good match with Villano IV, rating a "B". That's easily Villano IV's best match ever.

Last edited by molson : 07-15-2007 at 01:29 AM.
molson is online now   Reply With Quote