View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Diamondbacks

The baseball offseason is under way.

I take a look at my roster first.
I'm fine with my starting Pitching with Webb, Orlando Hernandez, Miguel Batista as my 1-3 guys. My # 4 & 5 might need to be upgraded, but both are young (Claudio Vargas & Enrique Gonzalez) so I'll let them try to earn the spots. Valverde is my closer and I'm happy with him there. My relievers could be a concern. I go from an ageing Grimsley to on time started Russ Ortiz to young guys in Lyons and Medders. We'll see what we can do here.

My Outfield has Jeff Devanon, Shawn Green, Luis Gonzalez, Eric Byrnes & Chris Young. Chris Snyder and Johnny Estrada are behind the plate.
3B will have to be manned by Craig Counsell unless I get a good trade somewhere. Orlando Hudson will be my 2B with Stephen Drew at SS and Chad Tracey at 1B backed up by Tony Clark. Daminon Easley is my backup 2B and 3B.

***ADDED****

Coaches:

Manager: Ron Miller is a 19 year veteran coach who is under contract until 2009. He's a very average coach and the bench coach is actually better suited to be the manager in his skill set.

Bench Coach: Antonio Freitas is also a 19 year veteran. He is signed until 2008 and actually makes more money than my manager. He only rates lower in handling veterans and handling rookies, but not by much. If Miller is fired at any point he is more than capable to be the new manager.

Hitting Coach: Jose Perez is a a first year coach who only has a two year contract. He's not bad overall and is very good at teaching hitting so he'll probally be resigned for next year...unless I can find someone better and cheaper.

Pitching Coach: Alex Cox is a 9 year veteran witn one year left on his contract. He's average or below in pitching categories so I'd expect him to be replaced at year end.

Scouting Directon: Jean-Sebastien Guilb is a 3 year veteran signed through 2008. He is very average...we'll just leave it at that.

Team Trainer: Enzo Gutierrez is the youngest person on our staff and has no experience. He is also signed through 2008. I won't really know how good or bad he is until someone gets hurt, but his ratings aren't too bad.

Last edited by SnDvls : 02-15-2009 at 05:01 PM.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote