View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #154
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Chattahoochee Gold Time Trials @ Cumming Aquatic Center - 9/15

The boys will be cranking off the season this Saturday. The will both swim 3 events at the time trials...

Brett

50 Free - Brett's short course personal best is 35.70...but that was swum in February, and he has improved his form significantly since then. In fact, if I use a conversion tool to take his best long course time from July (38.68), it states his time for short course should be around 34.12...so hopefully we'll see a significant improvement here...

50 Back - Brett's back is also getting better. He still over reaches across his head a bit, which doesn't allow him to get his arms in a strong pull position, but he's much more comfortable on his back. His best short course time is 42.38...again, I'm hoping for an improvement...but it will probably come down to - does he trust his count on the turn and finish.

50 Breast - This is one of the state cuts that Brett thinks he'll be able to get. He's personal best is 41.93 (year round short course), he did swim 41.72 at the Forsyth County Championships last year...to get the state cut he'll at least have to get to 38.29 (though this is subject to change as the new cut times haven't been released yet)...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear

50 Free - I did some research on Chattahoochee Gold and found out that had Bear been on Gold last year during short course, he would have swum on the B relay at the short course state championships. He needs to swim well in this stroke, as there are 3 very strong swimmers moving up from 8U. He comes in with a personal best time of 35.65. His long course converted is 33.14...

50 Fly - Bear's best time here is 39.76 with a conversion time of 37.64...his form here keeps getting better, even if it hasn't translated to speed yet. Hoping we see some drop this weekend. Interesting note...In my research on Gold, I found out that Bear would have also represented the Gold team at state in the medley relay in either back or breast...yes breast...

50 Breast - This is one of the only events Bear doesn't have a state cut. He is very close (assuming the time doesn't drop signifcantly when the new times come out). He has gotten stronger in this event...and I think he has a pretty good chance of getting his cut. His time coming in is 46.70 (current cut time is 45.79)...

Last edited by Breeze : 09-12-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote