View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #155
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

SA Time Trials @ Cumming Aquatic Center - 9/16

Bailey's season starts on Sunday, and unlike the boys, we'll get a good baseline on all the strokes...

50 Free - One of the few strokes Bailey doesn't have a cut in...she was extremely close at the end of the last long course season...and could get the cut during the meet. Her current best is 33.96 the cut is 33.49...

50 Back - Bailey got a bit of instruction on proper form from Brett (who still doesn't do it exactly right yet...but regardless)...and it has seemed to help a bit. I'll be interested to see if it is translating to improved times. She has the cut based on Long Course...and her best SC is 39.38...

50 Breast - Bailey's breast is starting to look stronger again. Her form has been better as she's stayed lower in the water and continued to push forward, rather than the up and down motion she got into in the middle of the season last year. Of course, she could overwork when racing and fall back into the bad from trying to go to fast. We'll see...best time is 45.44

50 Fly - Bailey's fly has looked real strong. She has just built on her summer league swimming and her confidence in this stroke is high. Not sure how'll she do on Sunday, as she hasn't raced and 50 in a while, and if she over breathes she'll lose her body position and it will cost her time. But I'm thinking a personal best should happen here, her time to beat is 38.43

100 Free - The 100 Free is another stroke that Bailey doesn't have a cut in...her best time is 1:14.94 the cut time is 1:14.59. She could certainly get the cut this weekend. However, I have to say, I'd much prefer her form to hold up and have her be slower than see her revert to the bad form that led to her shoulder injury...

One point that I need to add here...because this is the first race of the season, and because she'll be swimming 5 events, I expect there will be a fatigue factor that will potentially impact the last couple of events...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Psych Sheet for this meet has been released and Bailey is seeded:

100 Free - 10th / 8th for 10U -

50 Fly - 11th / 8th for 10U

50 Back - 11th / 8th for 10U

50 Breast - 11th / 9th for 10U

50 Free - 14th / 9th for 10U

Note: In the seeding...the first number is the actual seed, the second number removes those swimmers that will age up before the short course state meet...

Last edited by Breeze : 09-14-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote