View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #172
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Martha Bass Swim Meet @ Baylor Swim Club in Chattanooga TN

It was a real good meet for the family. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to outline all 3 kids results right now, so I'm going to do them one at a time...
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey

50 Breast - Seeded 7th - 45.44 - Bailey looked strong in this race, as she got a great pullout and was moving good through the water, keeping the momentum forward rather than up and down. She was seeded 7th, she finished 6th and was just .3 from 5th...She swam a personal best time of 44.95

100 Back - Seeded 10th - 1:26.59 - looked good in this race early...late she seemed to run out of gas and I still think this is due to not having been with the team from the beginning of the season, and some of it is she isn't working hard enough at practice. She finished 12th, but she also posted a personal best time of 1:26.02.

50 Free - Seeded 11th - 34.19 - Bailey's personal best is actually a 33.96, which was swum in October of last year before she really started ingraining the bad left arm in her freestyle. The 34.19 seed time was right before the state championships in February of this year...this race she swam a 34.65. This was accomplished even with her really focusing on keeping the stroke clean. I expect we could see a real drop in this time soon if she can make the new stroke more muscle memory and allow herself to focus on racing not form.

50 Back - Seeded 12th - 39.38 - looks good like the 100 Back, but unlike the 100, she didn't run out of gas and she posted a personal best 38.25, which is over a full second improvement. Not bad considering she is relearning the arm portions of this stroke.

100 Breast - Seeded 4th - 1:35.90 - The seed time is her personal best and it was swum in her first meet with Chattahoochee Gold in mid October...she improved on it here, and she improved by 1.13 seconds, posting a personal best 1:34.77

50 Fly - Deck Entered - The coach has been very pleased with Bailey's efforts and she rewarded her by allowing her to swim in the 50 fly. She was under orders to maintain form over racing but she got to do both. The girl next to her in the race had a good stroke and Bailey raced her as best she could without risking breaking from. She posted a very respectible 38.16, her personal best was at SA time trials earlier this fall, but a great time that could lead to much better ones down the road.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Breeze : 11-16-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote