View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #483
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay - well as my Facebook feed noted, yesterday was my first day back at the gym. Need to lose a bunch of weight (as I knew, but then discovered how much). I know from my Weight Watchers days how I have to eat and such in order to get it done at a rate of about 2lbs/week which is about the maximum they say you should try to lose at a sustained pace.

Honestly, if we get a huge payday at the end of the year I may just opt to lipo a ton of it off though, after what I saw yesterday when I stepped on the scale.

My apartment still has a bunch of not-so-good food in it. So I've got to get rid of that - replace my ice cream with sugar-free, fat-free instant pudding mainly.

And I have a big box of Goldfish - but man I love those fucking things.

Starting my workout regime with 30 minutes (2 miles, 300 calories) on the elliptical. Obviously that's going to increase substantially in both intensity & time as things continue, but I need to start it off at a manageable level so that I keep at it.

Similar to sabotai 2 posts above - I eat a lot. And I stay up real late, so I eat a lot late at night when it doesn't get burned off. Just need to transition that to healthier things. I don't eat horribly at dinner, and I always make sure to have plenty of veggies (huge bowl of broccoli or green beans or carrots), along with some protien (chicken, shrimp, occasionally a hamburger) and starch (pasta, bread). It's shrinking my stomach down so I don't need to eat as much late at night, and also exercise.

I'll beat sabotai. Stepped on the scale at the gym yesterday.

Weight: 262lbs
Goal: 200-209 pounds initially. Eventually I'd like to be sub-190, but the last time I was down at that level was the summer before college and I don't know that it's sustainable for me.
Exercise Goal: Initially - 2 miles in 30 minutes everday. Increasing in intensity and time once I establish the routine.

Rationalizations for not going to the gym are not accepted (unless there are extenuating circumstances that make it impossible). If I attempt to rationalize at all, please give me hell for it.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-17-2010 at 11:14 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote