View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Review of "Hiding Out"
AllCinema.net
Alice Lichet

Hiding Out is a solid enough film if you like good acting, good direction, but a weaker script with little story appeal. Hiding Out was the story of a cadre of spies that hide out in the Rockies, lead by super spy Steve Wishbone (played well by Christopher Borg) and his wife Simone Wishbone (played even better by Tara Brustle, the best acting job in the film).

Steve and Simone's cadre are attacked by a vicious counter-spy working for the United States of Africa, Sidle Umbaga (played solidly by Ysabel Flyer) (pronounced SEED-lay OOM-baa-gaa). Sidle wants to shut down the cadre of spys through several methods.

Although the movie had good production values, you just never felt anything. Well acted, well directed with interesting characters and genre elements, but it lacked heart. I don't expect it will ever do well at the theater because it is so limited in emotion.

In other words, although this film certainly was technically proficient, it was never something that mattered to me as a viewer. That's a shame, because it could have been something. C+

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote