View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #284
Radii
Head Coach

-- The FA Cup 1st Round Draw is held towards the end of october. We get a crap draw, hosting League 1 side Crystal Palace. We'll play on November 8th

Catastrophic Injury Update

There's only one player I'd use the word catastrophic for here. Our Goalkeeper Kevin Lynch breaks a finger in practice and is going to miss 6-7 weeks. I refused to loan out my backup keeper this year, something I'd been tempting the fates by doing in recent years. backup Lewis Martin will play our next 7-9 matches.

AMR Charlie Kenny is also hurt in practice, he's going to be out 2 weeks.

November 1st, 2014

Woking(8-1-6, 9th) @ Kidderminster(2-6-7)

We have more history with these guys than any other team. 7 games played without a tie. We have 4 wins, they have 3. The road team won 2-1 both times last season. Today Kidder are even money favorites, we are 11:5 to win on the road.

GK: Martin
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Cooper/Ogogo
DMC: Arter
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Collins/N'Diaye
ST: Harsanyi

With injuries to Lynch, Taylor and Kenny, and Hedley serving a 1 match suspension for his red card, this is the best we've got today. We'll be defending today.

6': We give teh ball away at midfield, they push it down the right side, Nikolaou runs with their man but can't tackle it away... a cross comes in, awe've got a defender their but they win the header from near point blank range... the header hits the crossbar, whew. clear cut chance for Kidderminster to open it up.

16': Every highlight is in their end, we are givign teh ball away like crazy.

27': 7 shots for Kidder, 5 off target. 3 corners earned. Another highlight starts with us turning the ball over in their half of the field.

42': The highlight opens with Harsanyi running down the left sideline. This is the first time I've seen a highlight where we have possesion in their half of the field. A cross earns us a corner which we give away immediately.

HALF: I have to be pleased to be tied today. We take 1 shot, its off target, it wasn't shown in a highlight. They take 8 shots, only putting 1 o nraget. They are passing, crossing, tackling and heading better than us. They are really dominating in every way but the scoreboard.

50': We change to a standard mindset, maybe get the ball out of our end a bit, I dunno. Subotic comes in for collins who is hurting and slowed as a result. Harsanyi to AML, Subotic striker.

80': 30 minutes just went by without a highlight. Downes in for N'Diaye at AMR.

85': Subotic to Downes, he tries to put a ball in the area but they tackle it behind for a corner. Corner is cleared out, we force it back in... cleared out again. Cooper freaks out in midfield and blasts the ball backwards for a corner kick to them instead of trying to control possession.

91': We control the ball in the offensive end, Arter, to Upson, a very nice through ball to Harsanyi, he runs perefctly on to it, blasts it... off the keeper. Its our 3rd shot of the day, the only one we put on target and a clear cut strike. It would hve been sweet to get a win with that, but alas.

Kidderminster 0 : 0 Woking

I'll take a draw on the road to be sure, but our lack of chances in offense was a bit shocking. One of their defenders is man of the match. Nikolaou with a 7.4 for us, Cooper 7.4, Ogogo 7.0. Collins and Subotic with 5.9s on the negative side. Martin with a 6.6 in his first start. They took 10 shots but only put 2 on target, so Martin wasn't challenged too greatly.

-- This was Nikolaou's 100th league appearance.

Last edited by Radii : 05-09-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote