View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #286
Radii
Head Coach

November 8th, 2014

FA Cup 1st Round

Crystal Palace (2nd, League 1) @ Woking (10th, League 2)

They are 4:7 favorites to win today, we are 4:1 dogs. That could be a lot worse at home. Sadly this is the second time playing this game due to a power failure. We lost 1-0 in the first one. I'm going to keep my lineup and strategy the same. I kinda think the speed of Bell-Baggie might be better at striker but I'm sticking with the d

GK: Martin
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Cooper/Ogogo
DMC: Taylor
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Collins/N'Diaye
ST: Harsanyi

We will start defensive today

4': Stupid power. This is gonna be bad. Long pass out right, centering pass, their striker beats Cooper and places a solid shot near post past Martin in goal. 0-1

18': We generate some offense, Collins gets a cross into the area, but they clear, it can't quite find Harsanyi. We push it back in and earnaa corner but they clear it out for good.

41': A good amount of time passes before we see Crystal Palace take a couple long shots that are blocked, they earn two corners and a deep throwin before a foul finally allows us to get it out of their end of the pitch.

HALF: This is similar to what happened the first time, they got a 1-0 lead and shut down so we couldn't do anything at all. We take 2 shots, one is on target but both are long. They take 5 shots, only one on target as well. Possession is a huge, huge worry, 61/39 in their favor. We will switch to a standard mindset to come out of our defensive shell a bit and see if we can get a few more chances.

46': Taylor picks up a yellow "for his persistent fouling"

58': We get a shot after a nice cross by Nikolaou, but Harsanyi puts the header over.

66': Williams with a backpass to the keeper. Martin "pases it out 25 yards towards ogogo" but it doens't really go out right or to Ogogo... it goes back to Williams who isn't ready for it. The ball ricochets off him into the penalty area, they have a striker trailing pretty close and he rushes on, takign advantage of the critical mistake and scoring an easy goal. 0-2

75': Bell-Baggie in for Harsanyi, Downes in for N'Diaye.

81': Hedley in for Taylor

Woking 0 : 2 Crystal Palace

Most of our team is in the 6.4-6.6 range. Harsanyi 6.0 was our worst. Martin with a 6.5 in goal. I guess neither he nor Williams took the blame for that second goal. Based on the play by play and what happened on the field, I would have blamed Martin for an errant ball. We had a few highlights in the 55-70 minute range where it seemed our guys would stand around with possession in the midfield, unable to figure out what to even try to do to advance the ball, leading to a long backpass to the keeper.

We draw over 5800 fans to our FA Cup match, breaking a gate receipts record we set last year in the FA Cup against Peterborough. We took in $190k today.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote