View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 02:40 AM   #292
Radii
Head Coach

December 6th, 2014

Woking(10-2-8, 9th) @ Luton(6-9-5, 14th)

Luton are 2:5 favorites today, we're 13:2. Luton got relegated from League 1 last year. We lost to them in the FA Trophy 3rd round 4 years ago, our only ever meeting.

GK: Martin
D: Nikolaou/Cooper/Williams/Ogogo
DMC: Hedley
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Harsanyi/N'Diaye
ST: Subotic

We'll try to defend. This road stretch is starting to feel hopeless, we need something to go our way. David Ball is their leading scorer with 7 goals, their 2nd leading scorer is a favorite of mine, Curtis Main. I had him as a loaner for awhile and loved him.

1': God, seriously? They just go straight down the pitch and send a through ball to Main who scores on a very easy clear cut strike. 0-1

3': A through ball into the left side of the area gives Luton their 2nd clear cut strike... its from a tough angle and i'm surprised it gets that distinction. Martin makes a solid save.

7': N'Diay with great control, feeding a pass to Ogogo, Ogogo to O'Sullivan in the box.. back out to Ogogo, cross into the area, Harsanyi runs onto it, its a clear cut strike, he's got a great look... and he puts it in!!! 1-1

20': Things settle a bit, each team has 2 shots right now.

23': We earn a corner, Upson plays a nice ball in on the corner, Williams heads it just over.

HALF: We watch them take a header and watch an offsides... that's it. They have a big 59/41 possession edge, but otherwise things look good. Each team with 3 shots only, they have 2 o ntarget, we have 1 on target. We are dominant in the air, winning 78% of our headers, they have 36% only.

47': Goal kick by their keeper, taken really long, they win a header and push it into the box, Main beats our defense to it, horrible defense... Martin makes an incredible save on their 3rd clear cut strike of the day.

58': Another through ball, a great run onto it by Curtis Main... and he's onsides, clear cut strike #4, Martin had no chance. Williams gets a yellow complaining about the fact that he thinks it should be offisdes. 1-2

66': Bell-Baggie in for a tired and semi-hurt Subotic. Pulis in for Upson.

73': Taylor on for Hedley.

87': A missed interception that I don't see leads to a long ball to Bell-Baggie, he runs out wide, the keeper follows him and is way out of position, Bell-BAggie crosses into the area, they have 3 defenders theer but the keeper isn't there... N'Diaye controls the ball and he puts it into the net!!! 2-2

92': We have possession, Taylor plays a great ball into the right side of the area for Bell-Baggie, he's able to generate a shot with a defender harrassing him.. its on target, but the keeper makes a diving save and pushes it behind. We can't do anything with the corner.

Luton 2 : 2 Woking

Great result for us today! I'm thrilled to get a tie on the road, we badly needed some points in this stretch. Their striker Main gets man of the match with his two goals.

N'Diaye and Harsanyi have our two goals, both put up a 7.2 rating. Assists from Ogogo (7.4) and Bell-Baggie (7.4). Nikolaou earns a 7.0, Mike Williams a 5.7.

-- Kevin Lynch resumes full training. Lewis MArtin did ok for us, 6 goals allowed in 6 league matches, 3 shutouts, 6.60 rating. Lynch has given up many more goals per game, 22 goals in 15 matches, but his rating is a 6.71.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote