View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 10:08 AM   #113
QuikSand
lolzcat

Looking ahead (since there's not much I can actually do right now in the game, here are thoughts on the offseason ahead:

-The offense should get a shot in the arm with 2nd year WR Artie Dodge relieved from his suspension. He looks like a solid mid/late first rounder, rather than a trade-up-to-grab guy, but he'll be good, at least. That should give us three legitimate targets on the outside. Duran remains the do-it-all stud, Vukmir is the downfield threat, and now Dodge (52/71, 70/80GD, 71BPR) should be an all-purpose WR2/3. I'd guess he's good for 80 targets this year - we'll hope he delivers 700 yards and a half dozen scores.

Tight end is the weird spot, yet again. Ricky Maloney was solid last year (92 targets, 818/7) but he's now a ripe candidate for a holdout, as he's still on a minsal deal. So, we will have to keep an eye on that, and presumably be ready to pay up, or plug in the slot with some other system-ready sucker. Heh, maybe AVAILABLE will cut TE Doss and we'll get him back on a reasonable deal? Can't rule that out.

Speaking of the cap, this fast-paced league is up to $415m overall, and we have $75m in space. $75m sounds like a lot, but it's less than 20% of the total. I have basically no productive cuts to make, and cap-outs are really our only way to clearing more space. So... that's a fairly limited avenue, too.

Last-year guys include: CB Sutter (unlikely to extend), T Fletcher (likely), LB Lincoln (certain), WR Vukmir (certain), DE Harmon (no), and DE Douglas (maybe). Without seeing asking prices, my guess is it will occupy about $40m to re-up with T Fletcher, LB Lincoln, and WR Vukmir. So, there goes most of that seemingly impressive cap space. This is likely to be my usual offseason -- I will have enough play-around space to make a few free agent dabbles, but I doubt we will actually pursue anyone as a difference maker.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote