View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 01:57 PM   #347
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'm trying not to totally detach from this team (and FOF overall), so I've spent some weekend time at it. I expect that I will turn over the whole OL in the next couple seasons, to match chemistry up with our new "good enough to hold onto" guy at QB. So, that's something to work toward.

The numbers in this fast-moving league get hard to adjust to... overall, I am not sure that implementing nominal inflation into a text sim is a good idea. I get how it works, and it is "realistic," but it's just another humdrum thing to adjust to when you play out a lot of fake seasons. Anyhow, a high quality player worth 10% of the salcap in this league us something like $50m/yr, and the mental stutter-step it takes me to immerse into a league for things like this is one of the things that I have forsaken when in my "half-ass-it" mode of late. (No access from work, very limited time at home)

Anyway, I let two quality players walk into free agency, and in this league (no injuries, no salcap adjustmemts) that's basically an unforgivable sin. If I get them back, great, but if not, it serves me right.

If I get my target player with my pick in the mid first round (possible) I think I will get emotionally invested a bit more, too. I'm among the first human owners drafting, in a league that's maybe half AI teams (many people don't like the super fast pace).

So, state of the team right now:

QB - have our good-enough-guy (there's a guy I'd draft, but I won't trade up to get him and he won't fall to me)

RB - have a stud, need him to perform like one

TE - one nice-enough young guy, but need role players who fit scheme (target this year)

WR - have some fits at WR3/4/5 but really need a headliner type guy (would be thrilled and excited to draft one here)

OL - likely undergoing big overhaul this year and next, lacking a perfect build-around chem anchor, though... may be scouring trade wires to grab someone

D7 - have a chem anchor and decent talent, let stud DE and LB walk in 5th/8th year, but have decent complement all around... I like building this area up around my system

DB - got a nice haul last rookie class, and feel good - could use an ace cover guy to move everyone in the rotation down a notch (also a target for 1st round)

ST - whatevs

I don't know what we are going to do at WR. My best guy is a BPR-first type, good downfield but not really a WR1. I have him blocked for a 2nd round pick, as he's a 4th year guy looking for big coin to re-up. I need a solid WR1 who can play inside... even just a 55/55 guy would be good enough to build around for my young QB. A second weapon at WR or TE would help make everything work better, too.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote